Affordable Workers Compensation Insurance for Your Illinois Business
As a business owner in Illinois, it is extremely common for you to pay outrageous workers compensation rates and face challenging claims processes. The root cause of this: Illinois is one of the worst states for workers compensation insurance.
It is possible for you to make the best of a bad situation. To do so, you need to find an experienced independent insurance agent who can guide you through it. That is where our team of agents at Hicks Insurance Group comes in.
Using Regional Carriers for Improved Work Comp Rates & Service
At Hicks Insurance, we have access to numerous strong regional insurance carriers. What exactly does this mean? For starters, regional carriers:
- Understand their coverage areas. They know about the real risks that exist here in Illinois, making it easier for them to tailor packages and lower rates for their insureds (you).
- Care about each account. Because they are not national conglomerates, regional carriers are able to give each account the attention and service they need.
Thanks to our independent status, we can shop across multiple regional carriers to find you the best fit for your business insurance and your workers compensation needs. We can also work with you to find a payment system that works best for you, including pay-as-you-go workers comp.
3 Things Employers Need to Know About Workers Compensation Insurance
- Illinois law requires you carry it. If you have at least one employee, whether full-time or part-time, you must carry workers comp insurance. According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, “[s]ole proprietors, business partners, corporate officers, and members of limited liability companies may exempt themselves.” The exceptions here are business owners in “extra hazardous” industries, like trucking and construction—these businesses must have coverage in most cases.
- You must pay full costs for coverage. You cannot charge your employees in any way for workers compensation benefits.
- Workers comp includes a variety of benefits. In general, employees who sustain injuries or suffer from occupational diseases gain access to benefits for medical bills, disability, vocational rehabilitation and lost wages. In the event that death occurs due to a work-related injury or illness, surviving family members are eligible to receive death benefits.
Get Access to Better Workers Compensation Coverage. Call Us.
Call our work comp insurance agents at 708-532-7474 or contact our independent agents online to schedule a time to meet with us at our Mokena office. We will review your existing coverage, identify whether any gaps in coverage currently exist and then provide you with a quote for new or updated workers compensation insurance. We perform all of this for free, with no obligation.
Save your business from the hassle, headache and high expenses. Call us today.