Comprehensive Insurance Advice for Fitness & Workout Facility Owners
Workout and fitness facilities are designed to help people make the most out of their health, physical conditioning and overall well-being. Workout facilities can be dangerous places, however. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, nearly 1.5 million people visit the emergency room each year for treatment of sports and fitness-related injuries.
If a client is injured in your fitness or workout facility, you may be held liable to cover the costs of their medical care, lost wages and more. Without proper insurance protection, even a minor injury can endanger your business.
At Hicks Insurance, our independent insurance agents provide the guidance owners need to adequately insure a wide range of workout and fitness facilities, including:
- Field sports facilities
- Personal training centers
- CrossFit boxes
- Yoga studios
- Pilates studios
- Martial arts dojos
- Boxing gyms
Maximize Your Facility’s Protection With a Holistic Approach to Insurance
As the owner of a gym, fitness facility or workout center, you’ve likely taken great care to protect your clients and employees. Can you say the same about your business, your investment, your dream? If you don’t carry the proper insurance coverage, you may be exposed to significant financial risks.
Our agents help fitness business owners explore a wide range of coverage options to create a comprehensive protection package, including:
- Liability insurance: Protecting your business against the costs of a client or employee injury or staff misconduct is vital to the ongoing success of your dream. Liability coverage protects against the financial costs of an injury or loss caused by any number of factors, including improperly maintained equipment, inexperienced trainers and more.
- Professional insurance: Fitness trainers, strength and conditioning advisors and sports coaches should protect themselves against losses resulting from an error, omission or negligence. Professional liability policies protect business owners who provide such services as an independent contractor or as part of a membership to a facility.
- Specialized insurance: Owners who operate businesses teaching combative or high impact fitness styles, including boxing or martial arts, may require additional coverage to protect against injuries to clients or employers.
- Property insurance: The repair or replacement costs stemming from a fire, flood or break-in can be significant. Property insurance mitigates the risk of out-of-pocket costs related to damage to your fitness facility.
- Equipment coverage: While equipment may be covered under your general property insurance policy, it may be necessary to obtain additional protection for high value pieces. Adding equipment coverage can mean the difference between a covered loss and significant out-of-pocket expenses in the event of equipment damage.
- Umbrella coverage: An umbrella policy offers the additional coverage you need to truly be protected against a significant loss or injury. Umbrella policies cover any costs that exceed the limits of your other policies, thereby offering you peace of mind knowing that you are covered throughout any unforeseen event.
- Workers compensation: Illinois law requires employers to carry workers compensation insurance. We help you understand state regulations and your options for purchasing the required coverage as affordably as possible.
Let Us Help You Create a Healthy Insurance Package
No two workout or fitness facilities are the same. Each has its own personality, its own brand and its own protection challenges. With that in mind, our agents work closely with you to review your business and identify your coverage needs. Using the information gained during this review, we suggest products and policies that meet your protection needs and goals.
To request a free quote, call us at 708-532-7474 or email our Mokena-based agency today.