Your Youngest Drivers Are at Highest Risk!
- Did you know that 16-19 year olds are three times more likely to have a speeding violation?
- Drivers under the age of 20 make up the largest proportion of distracted driving accidents.
- 28% of all individuals killed in auto accidents are younger than 25.
These are harrowing statistics for any parent to read, but they are important for you to know. They provide you with the ammunition necessary to protect your teen drivers or young adult drivers. Take the following steps to lower their risks while on the road, and to lower your chances of filing an auto insurance claim.
- Speak to your young drivers about safe driving techniques.
Have them sign a cell-phone-free driving pledge.
- Practice safe driving techniques yourself.
Teens often learn some of their worst habits from watching their parents.
- Get the appropriate level of insurance.
In the event of the accident, you want to make sure your auto insurance policy will provide all the coverage you will need to take care of your child.
Contact Hicks Insurance to discuss the options you have for your young drivers.